EC: The US First Respondents
The International Forum to Advance First Responder Innovation presentation will introduce you to this global initiative that is aimed at improving the efficiency, effectiveness and safety of responders worldwide.
The Forum was established with the objectives of (1) defining and publishing a global set of common capability gaps, (2) providing a platform for international collaboration, (3) characterizing the global first responder market, (4) informing and guiding industry, and (5) providing unbiased information about available first responder technologies.
Those working on R&D potentially relevant to first responder solutions will want to attend. Keynote Speakers Michel Bosco of the EC and Phil Waters of DHS S&T will present the following:
• List of common global first responder capability gaps
• Characterization of the global first responder markets, including number of first responders by discipline globally and first responder expenditures globally
• Initial characterization of the market for the first capability gap
• Stakeholder benefits, including industry/researchers, first responders, and the public
• Anticipated Forum publications along with Forum next steps.
The presentation will be followed by an interactive discussion, in which the audience will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the Forum.